Petra L. Justice practices in the area of insurance defense with a focus on vehicular torts, construction litigation and aviation litigation.
- Banker Lopez Gassler P.A., Tampa, FL
Shareholder, December 2013 to Present
Associate, November 2008 to November 2013
- Fowler White Boggs Banker P.A., Tampa, FL
Associate, August 2008 to October 2008
- Office of the State Attorney, Sixth Judicial Circuit, Clearwater, FL
Certified Legal Intern, January 2008 to May 2008
- Chief Judge Robert Morris, Jr., Sixth Judicial Circuit, Clearwater, FL
Judicial Intern, Summer 2007
- Office of the United States Attorney, Middle District of Florida
Legal Intern, Summer 2006
- Office of the State Attorney, Thirteenth Judicial Circuit, Tampa, FL
Victim Assistance Program Legal Intern, Summer 2003
Presentations and Publications
- Moderator, Insights from Your Aviation Clients: Get the Inside Scoop on Substantive and Business Issues and Beyond, DRI Annual Aviation Committee Meeting, October 2015
- Co-Presenter, Product Inspections, DRI Products Liability Conference, Las Vegas, NV, February 2015
- Moderator and Co-Presenter, 5 Hour Law and Ethics Update Presentation, Mercury Insurance, St. Petersburg, FL, May 2014
- Moderator, Various Topics, Mercury Insurance, St. Petersburg, FL, December 2013
- Presenter, Effective Use of Animations in Aviation Cases, DRI Annual Aviation Committee Meeting, Chicago, IL, October 2013
- Presenter, Spoliation of Evidence and E-Discovery, HCBA 16th Annual Bench Bar Conference, Tampa, Florida, October 2012
- Presenter, Spoliation of Evidence, Hillsborough County Paralegal Association Conference 2010, Tampa, FL.
- “Spoliation of Evidence,” Rimkus 6th annual CE seminar for claims handlers and other insurance professionals, Orlando, Florida, March 2011
- “Chinese Toxic Products from Toys to Pet Foods to Drywall,” Co-Authored by Nava Ben-Avraham, Terry Ford, Jeffrey James, Michele Johnson and Petra Justice. Presented by Frank H. Gassler at the Annual Meeting of the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (FDCC), Hot Springs, Virginia, July 2009.
- Contributing Author to Firm’s First 5 Hour Law and Ethics Update, Winter 2014
- Why Non-Final GARA Denials Deserve Certiorari Review: “When Your Money Is Gone, That Is Permanent, Irreparable Damage To You”, Co-Authored with Erica Healey, 42 Stetson L. Rev. 457 (2013).
- Contributing Author, DRI Products Liability Seminar Case Law Update. Winter 2010.
- Author, Applying the Economic Loss Rule in Aviation Actions Based on Injuries to Third-Parties, DRI Aviation Committee’s Publication, Skywritings, Fall 2010.
- Author, Amendments to Florida’s Standard Civil Jury Instructions, Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Publication, Lawyer, June 2010.
- Author, Admitting Public Records at Trial, American Bar Association, Journal of the Trial Evidence Committee, Proof, Vol. No. 17, issue 5, Fall 2009.
- Contributing Author, Chinese Toxic Products from Toys to Pet Foods to Drywall. Presented by Frank H. Gassler at the Annual Meeting of the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (FDCC), Hot Springs, Virginia, July 2009
- American Bar Association: Litigation Section; Products Liability Sub-Committee; Aviation Forum; Trial Evidence Sub-Committee
- Defense Research Institute: Aviation Committee Executive Committee, 2011-Present; Current Vice-Chair
- Ferguson-White Inn of Court: Board Member, 2010 – Present; Current Counselor
- The Florida Bar: Aviation Law Committee, 2011 – Present; Current Vice Chair
- Hillsborough County Association of Women Lawyers
- Hillsborough County Bar Association: Trial Lawyers section; Construction Law section
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Stetson University College of Law, Advocacy Skills Trainer (Spring 2010)
Assistant Coach of the 2010 National Trial Competition Championship Team